July 23rd, 2020 by Luis Mata Trejo
- Review your floor plan for cabling needs: Is the new office cabled with Cat5e or Cat6 cable to serve each of your desk locations?
- Do you need Wi-Fi in your new office space? If so, be sure to reach out to a qualified vendor for a Wi-Fi quote.
- Is there a Data rack on-site to support all your data gear? This is a great time to clean up, label, and place your equipment in an organized fashion on a data rack.
- What devices are you moving: computers, telephones, fax machines, printers. Who is responsible for moving these devices?
- Do you have video surveillance now and considering moving it? Are there cameras at the new location?
- Have you inquired about who the internet providers are for the new address? You will want your new service to be active 20-30 days before the move.
- Consider getting help with the heavy, more complicated tasks such as cabling, internet, Wi-Fi, Cameras, and Data Closet setups.
As you can see, there are quite a few items that need completing before any office move. Republic Voice & Data has partnered with many companies to help with the I.T. move with specialties in providing phones, Low Voltage wiring, video surveillance/cameras, Wi-Fi, installing data racks, etc...
Tell us how we might help
Posted in: Solutions