May 1st, 2020 by Donna Arsenault
Hackers are on the rise during the Covid-19 Pandemic
As a precaution in these uncertain times, do not open emails from people you cannot identify.
Recently I received an email that was an attempt at corrupting our database.
Here’s what to look for:
Here are a few red flags:
- I do not know of this person and cannot identify his company from his email.
- It’s being sent to a database named: firstname.lastname@example.org and not to my email address.
- He uses "Transfer" as the draw.
- He has an attachment "Wire.html" that he would like me to open (PLEASE DO NOT OPEN THESE).
- He does not offer any information other than "Account Dept"
You should: Right click on the email and Block this sender and delete the email.
For a free 1-hour onsite data evaluation to get tips on email security Contact Us
Posted in: Cyber Security